Implementation is straightforward and needs to be done only once, but for those who do not wish to bother with the intricacies, it may be better to ask for help from someone with the necessary experience.
We can provide implementation resource if required.
Resources set up by the implementor and not usually subject to change include:
- domain name and CGI enabled website space with PERL installed (in the UK we recommend 1&1, also operating in other countries)
- website structure on the website server
- OnePoyle PERL driver software copied to the server. No configuration is needed and PERL skills are not required.
- style sheets - for simplicity amend the ones used here rather than start from scratch
- configuration files controlling structure and look and feel
The implementor will also set up or assist with initial versions of content files. Maintenance of the website thereafter can be carried out by adminstrative staff with basic PC and word-processing skills.