Style settings are modified in the Formatting and styles pane. Right click to modify a style.
Adjust style settings and sequence so your manuscript looks good. The sequence is much more important than the detailed settings.
These settings are used in the style sequence and in the Template, for reference and in case you prefer to create your own styles
- S normal: for most text, first line indented, colour automatic, widow control, language UK English, following style S normal
other styles dependent on S normal, settings thus inherited unless explicitly changed
- S first: S normal + no indent, following style Section normal
- S last (space separator): S normal + desired spacing after, following style S first
- S last (before separator): S normal + keep with next, following style S separator
- S separator: S normal + centred with desired spacing before and after, following style S first
- Heading 2: for chapter headings, S normal + page break before + spacing before and after 30pt + font size increase, following style S first
- Heading 3: for sub-headings only if these are to be included in the table of contents, settings similar to Heading 2 without the page break. You may need to adjust spacing in both headings.